English Spanish French German

Contact Us for a Free Consultation

Allocation of Parental Responsibility

No matter how detailed your parenting plan, when children are involved issues are likely to arise that you didn't think of prior to final orders. Those issues can be as simple as how to share the costs of college, or as difficult as allegations of abuse. Sometimes, one party or the other is unwilling to accept the orders of the court, and will go to extreme lengths to regain the power they believe they deserve. One way that happens is to file a Motion to Restrict Parenting Time. This is a special motion, based on allegations that the child is in imminent danger if they continue to have unsupervised parenting time with the other party.

If the court finds sufficient evidence, based solely on the allegations of the filing party, they will issue a temporary order restricting your parenting time such that you may only see your children while being supervised by an agreed upon third party or approved professional. If you are served with a Motion to Restrict, don't hesitate to call an attorney. A hearing will be set within fourteen days to determine the validity of the claims. If you fail to appear, the court is likely to order that the restrictions should continue, and could order you to conduct reintegration activities that cost time and money before you can see your children unsupervised again. The Kanthaka Group has experience dealing with these Motions to Restrict. If you have been served with such a motion, call our office for a free consultation.

Contact Us Today!

If you are looking to hire an attorney to represent you, contact Kanthaka Law today to set up an appointment for a FREE consultation. We look forward to providing immediate assistance with your legal issue.